…If you’ve read my other blogs, you know I’m still active. Not as active as I should be in regards to this blog but active none the less.
Anyway on to the three big news I’m announcing here.
First, those who’ve read my original work are aware that as of Serene Adventure IV: Champions, Ted Toss has 12 kids from 4 different Women. Fin, Katrin, Celes, Nate (formally Nick), Elaina (formerly Alana) and Kwane (new child) from Ann. Mark Anthony, Serenity and Eric (formerly Ted Toss III) from Terra. Mariko Ebihara-Wu (formerly Marie Kwan) from Leianne Wu (formerly Leanne Kwan) and finally, Martin from Hannah. Including Angelisa (adopted) that’s 12.
As of the new stories, Only Angelisa + Ann’s kids will be Ted’s.
In addition, I am changing the family’s last name from Toss…to Marshall. That’s the second thing. Third thing…Ann’s nationality will be changed from Korean to Filippino.
The reasoning for the last name change has to with Ted’s father Nathaniel’s story in Marshall Family Origins (formerly Toss Family Origins). The last name Toss isn’t going away completely but the family will not use it any longer. It will now be Marshall. The nationality change is because I am rewriting Ann’s backstory (before she and Ted met) and it will be for the better. Yes, I will be updating her page as well. Due to this, all of my old work in which the Toss name is used is now officially non-canon. Obvious crossover to come sometime in the future aside, I WILL have to rewrite the handful of stories I have written already but fortunately have not published. I will also update the profile blog posts I’ve written so far to reflect this change, among other things.
These are major changes all things considered but not the only ones. I announced the first three already, after all:
- This is a MAJOR Spoiler from Marshall Family Origins: Ted finds out Edward “Ed” Ross and Tomiko Morado (Tom Ado for short) are in fact his brothers with the same father but different mothers. Ted is the youngest of the three brothers. Tomiko has a special ability that allows him to compel someone to follow any order or command he gives. He used it accidentally for the first time as a child on his father, causing Nathaniel to forget Tomiko is his son for almost 30 years. His wife at the time was pregnant with Ted and dies giving birth while Nathaniel is deployed overseas. He comes back and finds his 3 sons without their mother and quits the Navy to raise them. During this time–and in part because he lost his memories of being Tomiko’s father–he never lets on that they are family until he gets his memories back 30 years later.
- This is a MAJOR Spoiler from Marshall Family Origins: Ed Ross marries Terra Ortiz, who attended the same high school as Ted. They go on to have Mark Anthony. Serenity and Eric are born sometime later. Their children carry their grandfather’s last name Marshall at their father’s request that they use their grandfather’s last name since neither he or Tom Ado use their father’s last name.
- This is a MAJOR Spoiler from the Fourth Saga: Ann gets pregnant with her sixth child and keeps it a secret from her family (though Angelisa finds out). While vacationing in Hawaii she goes into labor 2 months early and nearly dies giving birth to her son Oskar, who barely survives as well.
- Due to circumstances explained in Our Family Matters Terra, Mark Anthony and Serenity move in with Ted and Ann’s family. As a throwback to the old family ties, Ted becomes a father figure to Mark and Serenity. Mark hasn’t seen his father since he was very young and barely remembers his face. Serenity has no memories of her father, who wasn’t there when she was born. Ted ends up being the only father she’s ever known until she’s in middle school.
- This is a MAJOR Spoiler from Our Family Matters: During a mission in the Philippines Tomiko meets Nautica, who according to a local legend is descended from royalty. Her sea-green hair and eyes are said to be proof of her heritage. The two end up falling in love and get married.
- This is a MAJOR Spoiler from My Father’s Daughter: It’s revealed Mariko Ebihara-Wu (formerly Marie Kwan) isn’t Ted’s daughter like she had thought but is actually his sister. Ted returns to Boston with Tom and Ed in time to stop a three-way battle between Mariko, Celes and Aurina from turning deadly. It is shortly after this that the three brothers learn Mariko is their previously unknown sixteen year old sister. The obvious question to be asked is who–and where–her mother is. The brothers take Mariko with them and travel to northwestern China where they planned to meet with their father. It is there that Mariko learns the truth about her heritage. Her mother Leianne Wu is an Empress and that makes her a Princess!
…It is interesting to note that at one point, I did consider pairing Terra and Abyssion Highwind but changed my mind. Instead, I’ve decided to pair him again with Alice Parker–older sister of Kyle and Leon Parker–at a certain point during the events of Starry Heavens. More info on that will come at a later time when I write a blog post for her. I share this in part because Alice is also the mother Aurina Highwind, who is herself Mark Anthony’s wife and adopted sister of Damien Highwind. The rest you’ll find out when the time comes.
I thought I posted this when I drafted it last summer but now I’m glad I didn’t so I could update this.
So, to recap:
- The Toss Family name is now Marshall. Ted Marshall, Ann Marie Marshall, Finnaran Xavier Marshall and so on.
- Ann’s Nationality is now Filippino, changed from Korean. Angelisa and Zenith are both still of Korean nationality however.
- Ted is now only the biological father of Ann’s children (as well as Angelisa, who is adopted).
- Mariko Ebihari-Wu is now Ted’s sister.
Get it? Got it? Good.
I will go ahead and revise the Character Spotlights I’ve written so far to reflect these new changes. I won’t change the links but I will change the article titles. The changes should be done in the next hour.